"Major Bowes" offers one of the best values around for overnight venues.
Staffing and upkeep are done by dedicated volunteers who believe in the importance of offering a retreat venue in a peaceful, natural setting just a short distance from a major metropolitan area.
We encourage you and your group to make Major Bowes Memorial Retreat your
"Home away from Home"
- Enjoy the woodland environment
- Utilize all 3 buildings on our site
- We supply the venue space; You supply the event!
Pricing for 2016
$25 per person, per night
For up to 35 people
Minimum charge per group: $350 / full weekend (three days, two nights)
$250 / single night (two days, one night)
$100 Deposit required to reserve your date.
(Deposit is non-refundable, but may be applied to a future retreat should you need to reschedule.)
Food costs are extra (See our website page "Meals at Major Bowes" for additional details).
Single Day Events
Rent Major Bowes Retreat for a single day (no overnight stays) for only $200!
(No additional per person charge. Maximum occupancy 40 people.)
Ideally suited for your next:
- Staff Meeting or Workshop
- Youth group event
- Church council or Vestry planning meeting
- Yoga or Meditation Retreat
- Confirmation or Baptism gathering
- Baby or Bridal Shower
- Small, rustic Wedding and reception
- Birthday Party, Anniversary Gathering or Family Reunion
- Bird-watching seminars
- Use Major Bowes Retreat as home base while touring the Hudson Valley!
The terrain at Major Bowes Retreat includes trails that lead up and down small inclines and some include steps. The trails are composed of gravel and slate and may not be easily navigated by people with some mobility issues. Please call 914-923-1528 if you have any concerns about this.
Balance of all fees are due by the final day of your retreat.
Cash and checks accepted. Please make checks payable to:
Major Edward Bowes Memorial Retreat